[meteorite-list] Russian Pig-Killing Fall? (dated)

From: bill kies <parkforestmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 03:40:24 -0500

"A stone meteorite fell into one of the villages of the Tara district. The fall was accompanied by detonations, while the sky was clear. It killed a pig. It was carried off by a vagabond sorcerer, some of whom were still existing at that time."

Talk about being in the right place at the right time. That really "conjures up" some great images. I can see him camped off in the woods enjoying suckling pig roasted over an open fire while contemplating his other new acquisition.

Bill