[meteorite-list] Mercury Meteorites - the short list

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 01:01:47 -0400

That's a cop-out Mike! Hunting for that elusive Swift Hermean
meteorite you need to start picking up rocks and tossing the junky
unMercury ones ;-)

Courtesy of Jeff's magic database, in addition to the three I started
the list off with all having been proposed as possibly from Mercury in
the literature, there are 37 more meteorites which appear as ungrouped
achondrites to which you may want to add some E7's or better yet
discount those related to them. Some of these are appear easy to
eliminate if you read the blurbs. - just make a decent argument for
the ones you want and append the short list ... Listed from Zak?odzie
to Asuka they are:

Zak?odzie 1998 Poland 8.68 kg
Y-8307 1983 Antarctica 3.37 g
SaU 493 2009 Oman 134 g