[meteorite-list] Mercury Meteorites - the short list

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 01:27:00 -0400

Hello Bill,

Reminds me of Anne Black's Saturn. Mercury's (Mercur's) are all locked
up in garages and junkyards as of 2011, and Saturn's were re-accreted
in 2010. Seems like celestially named vehicles just have bad luck when
it comes to staying power. The Hyundai Tucson name is still around for
the moment ... I guess people identify their automobile more with local
traffic jams, ripping up the environment, and non-sensical alphanumeric
suffixes than rockets and road trips around the solar system ...

Kindest wishes
Doug