[meteorite-list] Dr. Moe52???

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 11:30:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi Rob, Mike and List

Right away you can tell that the this piece is probably a meteorite..although methinks it ain't an iron...by the experienced guys who are commenting on this post. So, if you fellows will let me...I'll take a crack at buying it and see if my luck is still holding up since last weekend.

I say luck as I'm getting ready to make another announcement of an even larger find of Cat Mountain then the one I got 3/23/11...initial analysis looks good. A 170 gram individual and some questionable smaller pieces. You fellows are missing out by not getting down to Snyder Hill in Tucson. Only one hunter there last weekend. Lonely.

And no....as was inferred by Sonny in a recent post...these weren't bought from some itinerant gypsy woman come to Vegas selling rare meteorites. The archives will show that I posted my first Cat Mountain 001 pictures to Gary, Adam, Greg and others asking for help in ID before this broad ever came to town.

Best to all and ain't this fun!

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536