[meteorite-list] Hypothetical launch question‏

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:34:42 -0400

Bill,
I admit. At the risk of being wrong, I tend to believe people and take them at their word unless I have reason to believe they are lying.
In this case If that did hit his roof then I think it might be a meteorite.
Cat Mountain meteorite also looked like a piece of coal. And everybody and their brother told the finder that. But it was tested
( x rayed ) and found to be almost pure forsterite. If not for that knowledge it would have never been verified as a true rare meteorite. It too looked as black on the inside as the fusion crust.
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax