[meteorite-list] I have a problem with some rusting meteorites

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:00:24 -0500

Here's another method involving soaking the meteorite in a solution of
sodium hydroxide, easily made from Drano. It comes via Steve Schoner.
Go to: http://earthsci.org/fossils/space/craters/met/met.html and
scroll down to "Repairing Meteorites". I've tried this on a number of
Dronino rusters and had good success with a few of the pieces (but not
one particularly stubborn one). I also regularly coat my irons with a
spray from Gander Mt. outdoor stores used to protect gun metal. It's
excellent and really has worked on my Campos. Unfortunately I can't
remember the name of it off hand - something like Resolve or Shield.
Bob