[meteorite-list] Professionals No Longer Sought

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:41:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

David said in part, " That is not to say...I would want to subscribe....to its tenets of extreme trust...that its membership appears to crow about in place of solid verifiable scientific mineralogical evidence..."

I think we move to far afield in our expectations of what the members of IMCA have agreed to vis a vis statements of classification and provenance of meteorites in sales and trades.. Members of IMCA have agreed publicly to not engage in dishonesty in the dealing of meteorites. This goes to the guarantees of classification and provenance ONLY to the extent that the IMCA member is aware of the validity of those data.

IMCA members hold the banner of membership up to tell those who deal with them that they can expect fairness and truth when dealing with them. If IMCA is an enforcer of anything, it is that the elected Board of Directors can deny an application for membership, or excommunicate, or punish for cause, a member who has been found to not be honest and fair in their dealings.

Regards to all,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536