[meteorite-list] '.001 percent' chance for life on newlyfoundplanet?

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:54:24 +0100

Sorry how can there be 100% chance of life???

The temperature is suspected to be very approx -20C on a good day, we
know nothing about any atmosphere (it could have lost it for all we
know), we know nothing about the chemical structure of the planet, and
we don't even have a highly accurate idea of the distances.

Don't forget to read the fine print on these discoveries LIKE THE ERROR
BARS!

Granted there is possibly more chance of life there than most places to
date we have seen but let's not go over the top here, (our moons in 'the
habitable zone' but doesn't have life last time I looked...)

The earth is still a statistically lucky place to live..

Mark

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us. Email info at ssl.gb.com. You should not copy or use this email or attachment(s) for any purpose nor disclose their contents to any other person.

GENERAL STATEMENT:

Southern Scientific Ltd's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

Registered address Rectory Farm Rd, Sompting, Lancing, W Sussex BN15 0DP. Company No 1800317