[meteorite-list] Green Glowing Meteor(ite)

From: David Gunning <davidgunning_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 02:12:21 -0400 (EDT)

Now that you mention it, Joe Kenchner, I think you're right. It may have
been the Peekskil Meteor(ite) I was referring to. The football mom
videos were shot, I believe, from Pennsylvania, not Texas. Maybe that's
why I was thinking the east to west trajectory.

Don't know why, but whenever I think of football I think of Texas!

Incidentally, Eric, I believe what you may have in mind has more to do
with the 32 directional points of a compass rather than the "360" degrees
of a circle. It's a common mistake made by many landlubbers.

I hope I'm not being too picayune when I point-out that there are some
people, rare gifted individuals, who are reported to have an infallible
sense of direction. Kinda like some people having perfect musical pitch.

Such people never get lost in the woods, so I've been told.

Dave Gunning