[meteorite-list] Official Announcement NWA 6077 is Paired with NWA 5400

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 14:19:58 -0700 (PDT)

I am sorry that you think me commenting on the TKW is throwing oil on the fire. It was my intention of the post to simply say "hey, its awesome there is more now then yesterday" The pairings have been verified, there is over 10kg. Where is the harm in saying that? The O isotope data is in on each sample I mentioned... so what did I do wrong? Mention the TKW is over 10kg when its actually over 13kg?

I spoke with Greg Hupe when this first came up over 5400 months ago and told him I wasnt going to get into this one. I did not get into it, and I did not buy any of the pairings for resale. I have no stake in this.

Yes, I do stand out from the old "NWA pros" I am a lot newer and still have much to learn. I will not dispute that, but its ok... I will learn as did you and everyone else.

There is a nice way to do things and a not so nice way.
I feel John could have been a good deal more polite in his comments directed at me, part may be how I read it, but part was not.
Its not the first time he has come off on me in an aggressive fashion and aside from the NASA dumping thing (which I was upset about based on media reports) I dont just go off on this list as I am sure many of you know.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites