[meteorite-list] International Shipping/Customs Questions

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 19:20:39 -0700 (PDT)

I use the term "Rock/Mineral Sample for Study" and have never had an issue with customs. It is honest and leaves out the word "Meteorite" that can cause issues. If they open it, thats a different story, I always include an ID that clearly identifies the sample, but it is still a Rock/Mineral under the broadest term.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites