[meteorite-list] Arizona strewnfields?

From: GREG LINDH <geeg48_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:19:57 -0700

  Hi John,

  As one who has yet to find his first meteorite, perhaps I'm not really qualified to lend my voice here, but I'll take the chance. I found a website that lists several Arizona falls. It follows:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/science/kring/epo_web/arizona_meteorites/index.html

  I live in Prescott Valley, AZ....right in the center of the state and in the high desert. Eric is right, the "Meteor Crater" near Winslow is a must see. I have a season pass and go there about once a month. It's a place that I go to unstess. I love it.
  The Holbrook Fall area is just up the road from the crater, but you're right, this time of year can be a bit cold there. I think Franconia, which is near Kingman is not cold, so you might consider that.
  I have all the equipment, including a Gold Bug II and a magnet stick, etc., but I don't have a four wheel drive vehicle, so that pretty much puts a damper on serious hunting. I was going to purchase a four wheeler, but the economy put a torpedo into that dream. Maybe in the future.
  Good luck in your quest. I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear of your first find....that would be great.

  Greg L.