[meteorite-list] Your opinions please (what is this?)

From: Patrick Wiggins <paw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 21:28:25 -0700

A while back a friend was looking at a piece of land he was thinking of buying in the Nevada desert located west of Wendover, Nevada.

During his inspection he found a very heavy rock.

When he first showed it to me I thought it was a piece of slag. And I still kind of think that's what it is.

But he assured me he'd found it far from any buildings, roads, railroads or any other sign of human habitation. So if it was human made, he wondered how it got there.

Actually the situation reminds of of the Coke bottle dropped in the bush in the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy", but that's a different story... :)

At any rate, I ground off a corner of the whatever-it-is, got a picture and posted it here:

http://users.wirelessbeehive.com/~paw/temp/meteorwrong.jpg

Thoughts? Opinions?

Cheers,

patrick