[meteorite-list] CAI from Allende in ultra hight resolution

From: m42protosun <m42protosun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 00:00:48 +0100

Hi lists,
with my new reflecting light microscope I have fotographed a CAI from Allende in ultra hight resolution.
The magnification is 600x and the original picture has a size of 12,000 x 9,000 pxls.
This picture shows the Melilite (CAI) crystal structure, which never before was fotographed in a meteorite.
The picture was made under cross polarized light with shadowing technic. It is a matrix cluster of 6 x 5 pictures.

Look at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inside_of_meteorites/5169880437/

m42protosun