[meteorite-list] Last November's fall over Utah

From: Patrick Wiggins <paw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:07:17 -0700

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and have a question about last November's fall over Utah.

I lucked out and saw it from my home. Got to hear it too. I've seen my share of meteors but that's the first one I was close enough to to hear.

There were a number of videos from many angles so it was pretty easy to estimate about where it came down.

Alas, all of the evidence pointed to the US government's Dugway Proving Grounds where folks are "discouraged" from going.

Still I heard there were people out there looking but I never heard if anyone found any part of the fall.

Anyone here know if anything was recovered?

Cheers,

patrick
N. Utah