[meteorite-list] Secret BLM maps

From: Thomas <tmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:09:22 -0700

On 11/4/2010 12:10 PM, Adam Hupe wrote:
> I hope you were not in Oregon or Washington State when you talked to this BLM
> officer. If you were, do not mention the word "meteorites" because they are now
> off limits

We were calm and cool and did not mention meteorites at all. He did not
seem to be aware of that possibility and we didn't see a need to educate
him : )
Our plan if we were to find anything was to photograph them and record
the location and then to contact Dick Pugh in Portland without removing
them, so we had no intention of violating their laws anyway, but of
course no sense getting them worked up about unnecessarily : )

Thomas M