[meteorite-list] Meteorite Meme (TM) - Alien Life

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:40:47 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,

In my reply to an off-list email from an ANON meme, another meteorite meme (TM).

ANON, It is a sad trend (that up-to-date meteor and meteorite news rarely gets discussion on the current meteorite list). The event in New England not a single post from anyone but me??? Come on this is/was a large event and not a word!

  When others scheme on how to get there first and keep others out it makes for not much fun.

  I post the meteor/meteorite news because I like to, not because I get paid for it or can benefit from it. I used to give people (meteorite "hunters") a heads up but NO information comes back to me- absolutely NOTHING.

  The meteorite memes (TM) have stolen what most people think about meteorites and it is very sad (seems only $$$ memes and get rich quick memes abound). Thank you for your email. Maybe the Gnemes will reply?

Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo