[meteorite-list] OR man finds meteorite on roadside 11yrs ago/AD

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 09:57:41 -0700

Michael is right, I've spent some time adventuring all over in Eastern
and Central Oregon. It's high desert, dry, and rocky. If memory serves
the area near Bend, Oregon is volcanic, and to the east is Smith Rock
State Park. There's a beautiful river that runs through the park, filmed
in the movie Swordfish I think. Anyway, I did some hiking all throughout
central, southern and eastern Oregon, most of the state is cover in the
dry desert-like land. Even the area near Crater Lake Nation Park is
somewhat dry. Not quite like the deserts in the southwest but dry. It's
not until you reach the mountains near the coast that things are lush
and green. Some familiar with the weather know that the rain
storms/clouds get trapped on the west by the high mountains and not much
gets over them.