[meteorite-list] OR man finds meteorite on roadside 11yrs ago

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:35:36 -0400

Greetings,

Everything that is east of the Cascades in Oregon is a semi desert. It
is both very dry, Isolated and there are roads that stretch on for a
hundred miles without gas, food and shelter. The Oregonites call it the
Oregon outback! The problem hunting Oregon is there is many stones out
in the field and it makes hunting nearly impossible. Not that it
shouldn't be tried.

I think Oregon passed their meteorite law so when and if the Port
Orford is ever found they can lay claim

See my ebay auctions ending in 5 hours under almittmet

--AL Mitterling

Quoting Joe Kerchner <skyrockmeteorites at yahoo.com>:

Here is a link to a story of an OR man finding a meteorite on the
roadside 11ys ago and after wathching a show on meteorites took it to
get tested and it turns out to be a meteorite that landed between 200
and 800 years ago. They said it was pristine, I think if it would have
landed that long ago in OR it would have been quite weathered. Also I
dont see it sitting on the roadside for very long, unless it is an
unmarked road used for farming or something.
Anyone heard anything more on this?

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Meteorite-found-along-Ore-road-estimated-at-45-billion-years-old-95216014.html

Best Wishes,
Joe Kerchner