[meteorite-list] What meteorite resemble the new WI meteorite.Supuhee sure does..

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 15:53:54 +1000

G'day Joe & all,

Metal is not always a good indication of what a meteorite may be. I've
personally found that after seeing thousands of meteorites and images over
the years that the most useful indication is often chondrule size and
general appearance.

I haven't seen the new fall in person like yourself so I could only guess
but I think it might be classified as an L5 S5 or something like that. I
don't think a type-6 would be appropriate given that some pieces do appear
to have defined chondrules. But then again depending on the type-sample it
could end up something like L4-6 or L5-6 too.

Cheers,

Jeff