[meteorite-list] recommendations for weight scale, vernier caliper??

From: Elizabeth Warner <ewarner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:47:40 -0400

Okay, so now that I have 31 bits of space rock and 1 impact breccia and
I am working on putting together my little database, I find that while
many dealers usually at least provide weights, they don't always have
dimensions (good to know so that I can figure out what size display
cases or membrane boxes I need to get)...

And then of course, I have several UNWAs that were a hodge podge so they
didn't really have anything!

So, what is the recommended scale to use for measuring the mass??

I could go very cheap and simple on measuring the dimensions, but was
wondering if there was a recommendation for any particular caliper or
similar instrument??

I did search the Met List archive but nothing popped up for caliper
except in the use of displaying meteorites...

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth