[meteorite-list] recommendations for weight scale, vernier caliper??

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:59:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Elizabeth,

I had a ~$20 digital scale that had a precision of 0.01g and a maximum capacity of 100g. It worked great for a limited time and then died. I was hesitant to buy another one of these, or something similar, as I figured I may be throwing good money after bad.

I settled on an old and familiar favorite.

The Ohaus Cent-o-gram quad beam balance

http://www.ohaus.com/products/view/overview.asp?HKEY=001002004

311g capacity with 0.01g precision.

--