[meteorite-list] Our next major source of meteorites?

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 15:13:07 -0400

Hi, Mike and all,

If meteorites ARE being harvested at an exceeded rate as you say, that conflicts with other statements of a currently REDUCED "harvest".

Once in a while there are remarks by the larger dealers with tons in storage or being shipped to a sales meet, or oil drums full tucked away for a rainy day! </envy, but content with my couple of hundred pounds>

I've been hearing about the quickly emptying NWA supply for about four years now.
My personal opinion is that it is more like a De Beers marketing evolution for meteorites.
(Are there any classifying institutions without growing backlogs?)

I'm not being critical - I think it's smart business!

Best,
Pete