[meteorite-list] Wisconsin Meteorite Hunt.

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 09:26:20 -0400

Wow Bill, you really seem to remember the chain of events much
differently than I do. As I remember it was late in the day with little
time left to hunt. As we pulled up there was a gentleman on an ATV, 2
guys standing at the back of a truck talking, and one guy leaning over
a car talking thru the passenger window to the driver. As I approached
the guy on the ATV I asked whose land it was, the man I spoke to WAS
the PATRIARCH of the land. We joked about me riding on the back of his
ATV and how much he would charge me per hour to drive around in his
son's cornfield. He then suggested that I go talk to his son at the
house at the bottom of the hill and ask for permission for my friends
and I to hunt the land. As I was walking away you approached us and
said Hi. We introduced ourselves ,I shook your hand. We then drove down
to the bottom of the hill to talk to the landowner. The landowner
greeted us and said "You can hunt this land all you want". We
discussed a 50/50 split of the finds and a dollar amount per gram for
his half if we were lucky enough to find any. He then explained the
property boundaries and wished us luck. Bill you have to remember
this was late in the day and we only had an hour and a half left of
sunlight. We only wanted to hunt the small corner of the property to
plan the next days hunt. You have to understand we spent thousands of
dollars to come and do this hunt between airfare, rent a car and hotel.
  We were on a mission to get as much done as possible in a few short
days. We are also working on mapping the finds and at the end will
present the map to the University. Time was of the essence that
evening.

Bill , you would also think that when we returned the following morning
we were greeted by BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON and spent a few minutes
joking around. At this point I am sure they would have said something
if it was such a big deal.
It is up to the landowners who they allow to hunt their property, not
you.

Bill as with this post and with the history of some of your other posts
to the list you can understand why we did not spend a lot of time
talking with you. Your bad reputation precedes you. Also for all of
the meteorites that you are saying are being recovered please enlighten
me. So for the 12 days you and your team spent out there please let us
know how many kilos you recovered. There is no doubt that there may be
a lot of material in the field but it is yet be found. With the
planting going on there is a good chance the material may be lost
forever.

And as for Georgia, you're right my heart belongs to Georgia.

Sonny