[meteorite-list] On Now! - Sodom & Gomorrah on Science Channel

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:42:23 -0500

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:05:13 EDT, you wrote:

>I just watched this program. It's left me wondering where are all those
>meteorites from billions of tons of debris that supposedly fell on Sodom and
>Gomorrah? If that one nearby town was found, then surely nearby there
>should be a fanny load of meteorites laying about just waiting to be scooped up.

I haven't seen the show Isounds like National Enquirer quality stuff though) but
not only does nobody know where Sodom and Gamorrah were, nobody knows for sure
if they even actually existed, or if they did exist-- when. Here's an article
from mid-2009 which (along with the comments at the end) show how little
agreement there is on the subject:

http://www.bib-arch.org/e-features/sodom-and-gomorrah.asp

Will their next episode be postulating bioluminescent bacteria as the
explaination of why Rudolph's nose glows so bright?