[meteorite-list] On Now! - Sodom & Gomorrah on Science Channel

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:54:54 -0700

Don't know, they were supposed to be parts of the asteroid. But maybe
they were flaming bits of terrestrial material blasted up into the
atmosphere by the explosion. Maybe it was the imagination of a good 3D
animation artist.

I'm not saying it's correct. They compared Tunguska to this event and
there's a general consensus that that event dropped no meteorites that
we know of. Of course the celestial body that caused the Tunguska event
wasn't near a mile wide either.

Who knows? but it may be plausible IF their theory is correct about them
finding the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah earlier in the show. Has the
cities been found? Supposedly the mass grave they found on the outskirts
of the small town is evidence of it. I think the number of dead in the
area was 20,000?

Regards,
Eric