[meteorite-list] Be Careful - It is hot!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:36:42 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

For those who are thinking about hunting the Mojave this time of year, be
prepared to hunt at night when it cools down to around 100 degrees. They never
report accurate temperatures on the news here in the Summer because it is bad
for tourism. There is only one temperature gauge that is not buried underground
in the Laughlin/Bullhead City area and it read an astonishing 130 degrees
yesterday at 1:30 pm, not even the hottest part of the day which is around 4:00
pm. The sign was in the shade so I can only imagine how hot it would be in the
sun. My engine temperature gauge was registering 140 degrees before I even
started the "cold" engine that had not been run since the day before!

Image of sign I passed yesterday at 1:30 pm:
http://themeteoritesite.com/130Degrees.jpg

Best Regards,

Adam