[meteorite-list] Be Careful - It is hot!

From: Thunder Stone <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:36:07 -0700

In the words I've heard someone say:
"That's Hot"

Yea - meteorite hunting is mostly put on hold for a few months in the Mojave, although I have gone out in plus 100 temp; I leave early to arrive at about 6:00 am and stay until 12:00 or after my water's gone.? I remember being out hunting rocks years ago and it got to 109.? You have to be real careful though; these high temps can be dangerous.

This is the time to clean the garage or the storage area and go through all your LBR you have brought home - there is a small chance something good is there.

Greg S.