[meteorite-list] Question Regarding Lunar's

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:09:50 -0500

Al,
Okay . Bad comparison with red on outside or milbillillie but The question I
asked was sort of answered by the other Carl. His posted video shows that the
current Japanese probe has spotted 41 different spots on the moon which have
this red color. Including the one we found called "shorty crater".
http://www.panoramas.dk/moon/apollo-17-2.html

So, it seems rather obvious that ;1). This red color originated on the moon
itself and 2). According to this video as examined by Dr. Saal? of Brown university. They are calling it a mixture of water silicate and glass
material but it is indeed red and from the moon itself.
This still makes Oman material seem strange that only material that landed there
came from these red areas. because not all of those falls have been linked as
related to each other. maybe now they will be? This also means that there are
likely more red lunars laying around. Thanks Carl
--
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza