[meteorite-list] The New Meteorites USA

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:34:49 -0800

Hi Listees and Meteorite Junkies, And EVERYONE who wants to know about
meteorites.

I'm pleased to announce that the newly redesigned Meteorites USA website
is up and running.
http://www.meteoritesusa.com/

If you're not a member yet and are interested in meteorites you're
welcome to join.
http://www.meteoritesusa.com/wp-login.php?action=register

Meteorite dealers and those of you who own a meteorite or astronomy
related website or blog.
Advertising information: http://www.meteoritesusa.com/advertising/
Add your link to the meteorite directory:
http://www.meteoritesusa.com/meteorite-links/

Meteorites USA Site Changes:
Cleaner easier layout and design.
More Meteorite hunting & collecting articles and information
More Meteorite photos & videos
Improved Fireball Report Form
Access to current Meteor Fireball Reports

Currently being developed:
Google Earth - Fireball Sighting Maps, Reports, Photos & RADAR Data -
Major USA fireball sightings for 2008/2009
Google Earth - Meteorite Strewnfield Maps (with coordinates and data)

Over the past couple years I've spent literally hundreds of hours
compiling data on almost all major fireball events including news
articles, blog posts, videos, and photos of major meteor/fireball events
in the USA. This data is currently being compiled into Google Earth maps
to be up accessible to members of Meteorites USA. Some events have RADAR
data available and some don't, where data is available it will be
accessible via the website.

Advanced Fireball Reporting & Mapping: We're also building a fireball
reporting and mapping system whose launch date is to be announced.
Currently the fireball reporting form is a manual submission form
meaning meteor/fireball sighting witnesses have to input data into the
form, it gets emailed to me and posted to the site, but we're taking it
a step further.

We're adding dynamic Google mapping, and reporting capability with
geotagging, video, and photo upload capability as well. Each fireball
report will be automatically mapped and posted LIVE! in real time to the
site as it happens. The ability to read the reports and map the area of
the sightings will provide an invaluable resource to anyone wishing to
have access to current meteor, fireball, and fresh meteorite fall
information as it happens in the United States. Other improvements to
the site are being made as well...

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice and I hope you enjoy the
new site.

Happy New Year!

Regards,
Eric Wichman