[meteorite-list] Labeling specimens

From: msgmeteorites at googlemail.com <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:36:31 +0000

Hi Steve,

I have to say that I disagree in relation to 'slabbing' meteorites as is done in coin market. For me as a collector I collect for the variety and difference in specimens and would definitely not want a display cabinet filled with identical sized specimens lined up like dominoes. That would hold no interest for me whatsoever. I don't primarily collect for investment, I obviously know the value of specimens but for me its the science and history and aesthetics of individual specimens that attract me. In all honesty if meteorites were traded like silver or gold it would put me off the hobby. Each to their own though and your opinion is appreciated

Cheers

Martin
Sent using BlackBerry? from Orange