[meteorite-list] Anne Black & IMCA (was NWA 6292 2.110 gram)

From: Charley <cmb62_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:16:38 -0400

Hi Martin,

Thank you for expressing so well what I beleive many of us (IMCA and
non-IMCA members alike) feel about Anne and IMCA.

I have known Anne (via email and phone) for several years and feel we have
become good friends. She has always been very helpful to me,
answering questions and connecting me with people that could offer
assistance in a project I am researching. She and I (and Norbert Classen as
well)
have had a number of email exchanges about meteorites and also non-meteorite
related issues. When I happened to mention to Anne that I was going
to do a meteorite presentation at the local middle school, she immediately
offerered to donate a book to the class!

For reasons unknown to me, the list occasionally sees someone go off about
IMCA and how corrupt it is. I've been a member for several years and have
never
seen any evidence of anything that was dishonest on the part of any IMCA
board person or member. I have seen several occasions where people made
accusations
against IMCA that are unfounded (and often shown to be unfounded by Anne)
but , oddly enough, the accusers never apologize (at least publically) when
shown that
their comments are simply not true .

I am proud to consider Anne & Norbert my friends and I am proud to be a
member of IMCA. If people choose not to join, that is their right. They do
not have the right
to slander or libel good people based on "stories" they are told off list.

Best regards,

Charley Butterfield
IMCA 6123