[meteorite-list] Classification of Chondrites

From: David Pensenstadler <dfpens01_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:29:42 -0700 (PDT)

What timing.? I was just about to post some pics of an unclassified NWA that I received from Dean Bessey some time ago and ask listmembers if they could estimate the type.?

So, check the links below and give me your estimate.? The piece is about 1 3/4 inch x 1 inch.? Notice the large chondrule which is about 4 mm in diameter.? The blue flakes are actually metal.? My guess is H 4-5. (I won't even try to get it down to the tenths.)

[IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n7/marky613/DSCN0460-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n7/marky613/DSCN0457-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n7/marky613/DSCN0456-1.jpg[/IMG]

I hope the photo quality is good enough to see the chondrules.

Dave