[meteorite-list] STOLEN meteorites - from Allen Shaw

From: Scott Schulz <swschulz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:13:17 -0400

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Barry Hughes <bhughes at sneezy.com> wrote:
> I am in the crazy newcomer mode of buying. My wife found a slice in a
> small box in the garbage yesterday, because she wanted the box for
> Christmas gifts. I had thrown it away.

I am relieved to hear that there are others out there with "crazy
newcomer" disease. I caught it about a week ago, and it has hit hard.

On the other hand, it is sad to see that even this hobby has it's
share of dishonorable folks. Sad. But I am glad to see that there
exists an organization like the IMCA. I know that logo is the first
thing I look for once an auction/sale notice catches my eye.

SwS