[meteorite-list] STOLEN meteorites - from Allen Shaw

From: Barry Hughes <bhughes_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 11:41:12 -0400

I am in the crazy newcomer mode of buying. My wife found a slice in a
small box in the garbage yesterday, because she wanted the box for
Christmas gifts. I had thrown it away.
That was a wake up event.... I live out beyond the crackheads and
such, so I don't have to worry about theft much. My dogs wouldn't
allow it anyway.
I think I will sit down someday and photograph everything so I know
what I have, first of all, and secondly for insurance purposes in case
of fire ..etc.

I still can't get over someone stealing so personal a possession like
that. I never will understand it....and I am 'afraid' I couldn't
control myself in such a case.....