[meteorite-list] STOLEN meteorites - from Allen Shaw

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 07:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

It would be nice if everyone would photograph all of the material they purchase. Then if it went missing, it would help identify it. I believe everyone on this list is honorable and do not want to purchase lost, stolen , or illegal to export material. The wonderful thing about meteorites is the provenance. My slices if stolen and cut up can still be identified like a fingerprint. This makes collecting meteorite slices one of the most safe hobbies a person can do. Clear skys! Steve