[meteorite-list] Happy Birthday Murchison - 40th Anniversary

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:58:07 +0200

Thanks Jeff for this very significant reminder and for the link!
Murchison is by all means one of the most
fascinating meteorites and undoubtedly still has
a lot of mysteries hidden in its depths, waiting at being solved some day.

40th birthday totally forgotten ?
Not really....
We, a bunch of 9 people far from Murchison spot,
did remember to celebrate that famous meteorite
fall birthday by bringing a modest contribution
to that issue ("Murch's" extraterrestrial
contents) through sending to a prestigious
journal a couple of days ago a (very serious) manuscript entitled:

"Murchison, 40 years later: unprecedented
molecular diversity of extraterrestrial organic
matter unraveled by non-targeted ultrahigh
resolution molecular analysis" (contribution from
4 different European research groups)

It was sent so that it reaches the editing
staff....today, exactly 40 years after Murchison fell!

Sorry for the lack of details but you might
understand we wish the contents to remain
confidential for obvious reasons (original findings, exclusivity....) for now.
Hopefully more clues on our paper contents could
be disclosed in the near future, thus after it is
(possibly) officially accepted for publication.

My best to all,

Zelimir