[meteorite-list] OT -- clear capsules

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:38:32 -0500

Hi, Tracy, List,

> capsules that vitamin and herbal
> supplements come in...

    The capsules that can be assembled and
disassembled are gelatin capsules. They are
are designed to dissolve immediately in water
or any fluid containing water (like stomach
contents).

    They would have to be protected from even
mild humidity which would make them soft
and sticky, as the capsules are hydroscopic
and will draw water from the air slowly and
ceaselessly. Is Hawaii humid? :-}

     One used to be able to buy empty gelatin
capsules in any old-fashioned drugstore, but
probably not any more. In many states, they
are procurable only by prescription due to their
popularity among purveyors of less-than-legal
substances.

    Entirely the wrong thing for meteorites and
like materials. I'd go with acrylic.

Sterling K. Webb