[meteorite-list] OT -- clear capsules

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:54:07 +0000

As most of you know, I concentrate on collecting micros. Many of my micros are in the .1g range or smaller; if they aren't labeled, they could easily be mistaken for one of HI's ubiquitous gecko poops. Some collectors have sent micros encased in the small clear capsules that vitamin and herbal supplements come in. I think this is a very good idea especially for the bigger-than-mg-but-smaller-than-.2g size.
1. Can someone give me the name of a supplier for these things? They are available on ebay, but see #2
2. I'm concerned about using the capsules that are designed to dissolve when swallowed. Are these still ok for meteorite storage use (no worries about them softening or going gelatinous?)

Any info you can supply would be welcome.

Best!
Tracy Latimer