[meteorite-list] Meteorite Self-Pairing = No-No!

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 01:32:03 +0100

Greg,

just my own experience on this field as a simple private collector (of
course not as far as extensive as that of you professional dealers).

I've bought from several Moroccan dealers, well, not the ultra rare
planetary stuff, but, for example, material of the last Maghreb falls such
as Bassikounou, Chergach, Tamdakht as well as individuals of NWA 801,
unclassified Pallasites, Diogenites, irons etc.

All stones I got were meteorites and turned out to be exactly that as what
they had been offered for.

The motto simply should be: "know your dealer". So please let me raise a
toast to all serious, well caring, engaged, enthusiastic and fair dealers
who earn their high reputation rightly - in America, Africa, Europe,
everywhere.

Best regards,

Matthias