[meteorite-list] "Meteorite Men" TV Show and New Website

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:05:04 -0700

Dear Listees:

Greetings from sunny Tucson where we are expecting temperatures of
100F by the end of the week. Summer starts early in the desert.

Steve and I are very pleased to announce the official "Meteorite Men"
website:

http://meteoritemen.com

The new site features a gallery of exclusive production shots taken by
our fabulous location photographer, Caroline Palmer, as well as a
short article about the making of the show, a media page with press
release and promo photos, etc.

The world premiere of the one-hour documentary is this coming Sunday,
May 10 at 6 pm Pacific and 9 pm Eastern. It will be shown both on
Science Channel and Science Channel HD (in high definition). Science
Channel is part of the Discovery family, along with Animal Planet,
Discovery Health, etc., and is included in most larger cable packages.
I am sorry to report to our international List members that the
initial broadcast will be US only.

Many people have asked me about a DVD release and overseas broadcasts.
Our production company hopes to have the show broadcast
internationally, and we have also talked about a DVD release. I'll
post news when we have it, along with additional broadcast dates and
times.

We have spent just about seventeen months working on this project, and
it is a high budget production with plenty of action, and humor, and,
well, probably a few meteorites too : )

Thanks to everyone who has helped us along the way with "Meteorite
Men," especially our guest stars Dr. Meenakshi Wadhwa and Dr. Laurence
Garvie of the Center for Meteorite Studies at ASU.

If you'd like to receive the latest news about "Meteorite Men" please
follow us on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/meteoritemen

And we hope you enjoy the show!

With best wishes,