[meteorite-list] Question About Vesicle Size/Images

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Eric and List,

I beg to differ that the hole in this slice is not a vesicle. There was no thumb-printing whatsoever on the meteorite and this slice came from near the center of the rock, not an end cut. Look at the slice as a whole you will see that it is round, not regmaglypted. The only depressions were very small exposed vesicles which some Dhofar 700 stones are famous for. This is not an iron. I will be posting more images next Tuesday as I go through the fantastic slices just back from wire saw cutting and preparation.

Dhofar 700 is really a really intriguing Diogenite as science has yet to explain why vesicles are found in a cumulate type rock.

Best Regards,

Adam