[meteorite-list] Question About Vesicle Size/Images

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:17:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

I have a question about vesicles. The reason I am asking is that I came across a giant vesicle in a complete slice from the middle of a Dhofar 700 stone. It is so large that it created a hole completely through a 3mm slice. Apparently the vesicle was oblong so I do not know what the length was but the diameter rim-to-rim is an astonsihing 12.45mm. My question is; What is the largest vesicle ever measured in meteorite?

Here are some images:

http://themeteoritesite.com/Item7-Dhofar700-1.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Item7-Dhofar700-2.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/Item7-Dhofar700-3.jpg