[meteorite-list] Fragments recovered from the January 17fireball

From: Thomas Österberg <marie.m.osterberg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:34:44 +0100

Dear Ruben,

And others planning for a trip to Denmark. Quoting the article (today)
published in the newspaper Politiken, Henning Haack at the the Geolocial
Museum in Cpenhagen, urges people to active search for fragments.

"Mit store h?b er, at folk p? Lolland nu g?r ud og leder efter flere. Vi har
et omr?de p? omkring 10 gange 20 kilometer n?r Maribo, hvor der kunne ligge
flere meteoritsten. S? jeg vil opfordre folk til at kigge efter i tagrender
og p? gr?spl?nerne for at se efter meteoritter og indlevere dem til os?,
siger Henning Haack."

Translated: My big hope is that people on Lolland now will go searching for
more (meteorites). We have an area of about 10 by 20 kilometer, near Maribo,
where there probably are more meteorites to be found. So, I urge people to
look in their roof draing channels and their lawns for meteorites and come
with them to us, says Henning Haak".

About Danish rules for collecting and exporting meteorites I think I've read
somewhere that the situatuon is similar to Canada. You have to get a
permission to be able to legally export a Danish meteorite. Can somebody
give more approriate information about this?

Good luck!

Thomas ?sterberg