[meteorite-list] Another question for the Saw Wizards

From: R N Hartman <rhartman04_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:31:01 -0700

That because a Diamond blade (but not all!) with the very fine continuous
diamond mesh does not cut, it "sands". It sands its way right through your
tough iron meteorite and if your saw is running smoothly it will give your
slice a high polish as it finishes the cut. If you have some issues with
the straightness of the blade or continuous feed, etc. you may get grooves,
which is a sad problem!

Ron Hartman

Disclaimer: Use of this information, I am not responsible for lost fingers,
noses or toes!