[meteorite-list] Another question for the Saw Wizards

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:52:14 -0400

Hi Ron and List,

I noticed that about the blade sanding it's way through the specimen.
The first slices I made were the smoothest and the prettiest. Now,
after many cuts, the blade is leaving more noticeable saw marks.

The blade I am using is the stock/default blade that came with the
saw, so I don't know how good it really is, quality-wise. I have
another blade sold specifically to cut meteorites, it's the same
thickness but the blade is brown-colored instead of reflective bare
metal. It's also a CBN, which comes highly recommended. I wanted to
practice with the stock blade before moving on to the CBN. I also
have an extremely thin and floppy diamond blade called a laser
"dia-cut" which I haven't used yet either.

Best regards,

MikeG