[meteorite-list] List Members, Job, ETC.

From: Arlene Schlazer <piebear_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:23:10 -0800

Hello Graham & List,
It's nice to see another artist on the list who shares the same passion for
collecting meterorites and creating art from them. I too was inspired by
the "oldest thing ever to be found on earth--the etch pattern on the Gibeon
meteorite. I thought it was fascinating that something that formed so long
ago could be the inspiration for modern abstract art and so began my most
prized collection and endless hours of creating art from each piece. I've
collected over 130 pieces since I started a few years ago. I keep saying
I'm done as I have no more room to put them and then another piece beckons!
If there is an end, I cannot find it! I only collect etched irons,
individuals and pallasites. Oh, and one piece from Mars. I'm also
fascinated with astronomy and anything from our solar system I think I can
be creative with. I havn't "hunted" in the field yet, but I plan to when I
retire....Hopefully this August....I can only imagine the thrill of actually
finding a piece.....Best regards from Las Vegas.....Arlene Schlazer