[meteorite-list] Speed-of-light question

From: GREG LINDH <geeg48_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:22:09 -0700

    Hi Rob,

  As you may remember from my earlier writings to you, I'm no scientist. But, if what you have written is true, and if I've understood you correctly, and if someone traveling at the speed of light can travel anywhere in the universe *instantaneously* "from their own reckoning of time", then it would seem to me that traveling to the nearest star (other than our sun) would also be *instantaneous*, from the traveler's own reckoning of time. The 4.73 years of travel time would be impossible. Or did I misunderstand what you wrote?

  Regards,
           Greg Lindh