[meteorite-list] Argentine Campo Investigation

From: Eduardo. <rockhoundm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:46:29 -0300

Martin
The problem is not just a reporter calling, is that there is a judicial
process now.
And the new law is not to be considered as it is about NEW FINDS AND FALLS
only (December 2007).
The problem here is that ALL meteorites from Chaco province (including
Campo de Cielo) are protected by a provincial law since 1993. So only
Campo del Cielo meteorites that left the Chaco province before 1993 can be
legally sold.
Eduardo