[meteorite-list] Argentine Campo Investigation

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:39:21 +0100

Hi Bernd & Eric,

I think, it's because Eric's pages show up first, if you type in the search
engines: "meteorites sale".

Note also that Eric's meteorite market was shown in the news clip about the
new iron find in Goias, Brazil.

Don't worry Eric, ignore. When came the new law into force? In January?
They and not you have to prove, whether there was an illicit export and
whether it happened this year.

But there you can see that baleful development to more and more
restrictions.

Meteoritics is such a wonderful and important science, but without
meteorites, it doesn't work.
Bye, bye state-of-the-art-research.

To me it seems, that all started with that propaganda article with those
utterly false pretences by Schmitt & McEwen,
which is still parroted here and there by some curators.
Would have been better, if MAPS would have been peer reviewed then.

Well congratulations, gentlemen.
If that all continues, then science soon will have only the Antarctic finds
(huh, 0.8Mio USD for 6 weeks on ice, 70 million for supplying McMurdo
Station with sausages and fuel. Does anyone knows the budget of NIPR? Found
only a very old one of 30 million a year)
and the handful of weathered chondrites the university teams pick up on
their adventure vacation trips.

It's tax payers money, it's our money.
A small step for hysteria, but a giant regress for science.

At least one solace remains. In 50 years, an Afanasjev, a Vassiliev, a
Sadilenko... will be venerated by the scientists, like today a Nininger, a
Schreibers, a Daubre?, a Krinov.......
While a Schmitt, a McEwen will have been long forgotten.

Skol
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----